I remember when I was little, I loved helping my mom in the kitchen. I wanted so much to be her little helper, and learn how to do everything she does. That woman can do no wrong in the kitchen. But as I grew up, I never really developed that love for cooking and all things domestic. I am a self-proclaimed messy girl. I'd rather spend a day in the park than at home cleaning and cooking. Can you really blame me??? But the more I learned about the dangers of processed foods and thought about the long-term effects of how I was eating, the more I realized that in order to be able to go to the park and chase my kids I needed to start enjoying making food for myself. I have to say, I am loving coming up with new recipes and different ways to mix flavors. Homemade, organic, healthy, AND delicious! My latest creation is Mango Shrimp Salad:
Ingredients:
1 Avocado
15 Cherry Tomatoes
1/3 Large English Cucumber
Cilantro (Eyeballed)
1 Mango
1/2 White Onion
20-30 Medium Shrimp
1T Lime Juice
1T EVOO
Salt/Pepper to taste
Directions:
Chop, mix, EAT!
No comments:
Post a Comment