Sometimes laziness is bad...like when I'm too lazy to do the dishes and before I know it there isn't a clean fork in the house and we all have to eat with our grubby little paws, or when the kids are asleep but I'm watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse because I'm just too damn lazy to get up and get the remote so I can change the channel. But then there is laziness that forces you to think outside the box and possibly come up with things you wouldn't have otherwise.
Enter moi trying to make a ricotta bake and realizing that I have no eggs in the house. ZERO ZILCH NADA. So, I sat around half the day debating if I wanted to change out of my pajamas and go to the store for some eggs, and by 1pm I could sense that it would not happen. So, I got creative. I googled ways to replace eggs in recipes and there are whole bunch of options. The option I chose was a banana. So, here you go!
Ingredients:
16 Ozs. ricotta
1/3 cup liquid egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
4 Tbs cream of wheat/farina
1 banana
1 Handful of dried fruit (optional)
Directions:
Beat egg whites until they are foamy and smooth. In a separate bowl mix ricotta, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, farina, and mashed or pureed banana. Add in a handful of dried fruit. You can, of course, substitue dried fruit for just raisins or chocolate chips or nute or ALL THREE! Fold egg whites into the mixture, and bake in a 9x9 pan at 300 degrees for about one hour.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment