Friday, August 16, 2013

Stuffed Tomatoes

My hubby has been on a stuffed pepper kick.  He has literally made them three or four times in the last couple of weeks.  I, however, despise all things pepper.  Can NOT stand the smell.  So, yesterday for dinner I decided to make stuffed tomatoes.  These were not originally going to be vegetarian until I realized I had no defrosted meat.  YAY for planning ahead! And after that they became a complete improvisation.  But they were pretty yummy so here goes:

Ingredients:
4 Tomatoes
1 cup of quinoa
1/4 onion
1/2 small pack of mushrooms
5 Basil leaves
3 cloves of garlic
salt/pepper to taste
1 handful of cheese (Parmesan would be great- I didn't have any so I used Mexican blend)

Directions:
Cut the tomatoes in half, scoop out the insides and toss (or eat for fun).  Sprinkle a little salt in the tomatoes and turn upside down to drain the moisture (10-15 minutes).  Chop up mushrooms, onion, basil, and garlic.  Mix in a bowl with quinoa, salt, pepper, and cheese.  Spoon into your tomato cups.  Sprinke some more cheese on top.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment